29 February 2024
"The transformations we are implementing enable us to capitalize on every opportunity in order to deploy our strategic, financial and operational roadmap."
Air France-KLM continues to renew its fleet and places firm order for 4 Airbus A350F full freighter aircraft for Martinair (part of the KLM Group), and 3 A350-900 passenger aircraft for Air France
Air France-KLM today announced the full repayment of its bank loan guaranteed by the French State (“PGE”)
- Air France-KLM has fully repaid the remaining €2.5 billion from its initial €4 billion Bank loan guaranteed by the French State, granted during the Covid-19 crisis.
- The Group’s solid cash position combined with the €1 billion proceeds of the Sustainability-Linked Bond issued in January 2023, has enabled to accelerate and close the repayment in full of the outstanding “PGE”.
- This full repayment will contribute to smoothing the Group’s debt profile, reduce financial costs and limit residual exposure to floating rates.
Air France-KLM today announced the repayment of €300 million of the outstanding €600 million perpetual hybrid bonds held by the French State
- Air France KLM has repaid €300 million of outstanding French State perpetual bonds, exceeding the 75% Covid-19 recapitalization aid redemption threshold
- The Group will refinance €320 million through a new issuance of perpetual hybrid bonds with the French State, without any “bans” attached.
Air France-KLM, Air France and KLM signed two Revolving Credit Facilities linked to ESG KPIs for a total amount of €2.2 billion
- Strong show of confidence from international financial institutions in support of Air France-KLM and its airlines’ financial ESG trajectory
- ESG-linked RCFs to align Groups’ financial tools to decarbonization trajectory
- KLM cancelled both the remaining direct loan and the existing credit facility guaranteed by the Dutch State.
Air France-KLM and Air France announce today the full exit of the French Recapitalization State Aid under the EU Covid-19 Temporary Framework
- Air France-KLM has fully repaid, the €300 million remaining French State hybrid perpetual bonds and paid the required compensation of the French State for the shares subscribed in April 2021 without change required of the capital ownership
- The Group has therefore refinanced €407 million with a new issuance of hybrid perpetual bonds with the French State, without any restrictions attached
Flying Blue and Amazon Expand Ways to Earn Miles
EDF, Holcim, IFPEN and Axens join forces to participate together in the creation of the French e-fuels air transport industry, with the "Take Kair" project, supported by Air France-KLM.
The objective of this cooperation is to take advantage of the complementary expertise of the signatories in order to contribute to the decarbonization of air transport and to support the emergence of the French e-SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) industry, thanks to an industrial pilot project called "Take Kair", in Pays de la Loire, France. The Air France-KLM Group supports the project.
The Paris Air Show Returns: A Look Back at Air France-KLM’s Eventful Week
After a four-year hiatus, the Paris Air Show returned in full force from June 19-25, 2023. The Air France-KLM Group’s teams were mobilized on several fronts during a week filled with announcements, demonstrations, awards, and hiring efforts.
AFKLMP Cargo's Chicago Warehouse Undergoes a Transformation, Providing Enhanced Capabilities to Benefit the Group’s Customers
On June 28th, Air France-KLM Martinair Cargo (AFKLMP) unveiled its newly configured, renovated warehouse based at Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD).
To mark the occasion, let’s take a closer look at this new facility and how it plays into the Group’s larger strategy.
Air France-KLM and Apollo Global Management sign a definitive agreement for a €500 million quasi-equity financing for Air France’s Engineering and Maintenance (MRO) components activity
Air France-KLM and Etihad Airways expand partnership to enhance commercial and operational collaboration
Single Roof : bolster competitiveness of Group’s maintenance operations
This September 13, 2023 marked the inauguration of the Single Roof project’s “Concorde” facility, a new integrated undertaking poised to broaden the scope of the Air France–KLM Group’s maintenance arm and further strengthen its leadership role in the sector. Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance constitutes one the Group’s three core activities, alongside passenger transport and cargo transport.
The Air France-KLM Group will place an order for 50 Airbus A350 family aircraft - with purchase rights for 40 additional aircraft - to accelerate the renewal of its long-haul fleet
Air France-KLM to team up with SAS AB through equity and commercial cooperation
- Air France-KLM to take up to a maximum 19.9% non-controlling stake in the share capital of the reorganized SAS AB, subject to approvals and conditions.
- Air France-KLM ambitions to enhance the Group’s footprint in Scandinavian markets through a commercial cooperation between its airlines and SAS AB
A Look Back at the International & French Travel Market Top Resa Trade Show 2023, the Can’t-Miss Event for the Tourism Industry
Air France-KLM and Sabre sign NDC distribution agreement
Air France-KLM and Apollo Global Management sign a definitive agreement for a quasi-equity financing of €1.3 billion, with a potential upsize to €1.5 billion
Air France-KLM and GOL sign agreement to extend and enhance their commercial partnership
- Commercial partnership initiated in 2014 to be extended for 10 years, with reciprocal exclusivity on traffic flows between Europe and Brazil.
- Increased commercial cooperation providing improved connectivity, with 125+ destinations covered in Europe and Brazil, covering 99% of demand between the two areas.
- Partnership also covers increased maintenance cooperation, with Air France Industries KLM E&M expanding its support to GOL’s CFM56 and LEAP engines
Air France-KLM confirms its strategic cooperation with SAF producer DG Fuels by investing in their SAF production facility in the United States
- Air France-KLM has made an investment in DG Fuels to support the completion of the developmental work necessary to reach the Final Investment Decision on DG Fuels’ initial Louisiana-based sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) plant.
- Air France-KLM acquired an option to purchase up to 25 million gallons / 75 000 tons of SAF annually over a multi-year period beginning in 2029. This option comes in addition to the long-term offtake contract announced by Air France-KLM and DG Fuels last year.
- The investment and offtake option represent a further major step by the Group towards achieving its 10% SAF incorporation target by 2030
Air France-KLM and Etihad Airways announce frequent flyer partnership
- Flying Blue and Etihad Guest members flying on Air France, KLM or Etihad Airways can now earn and redeem Miles on the loyalty program of their choice,
- As part of the expanded partnership announced in September 2023, Air France-KLM and Etihad Airways customers now have access to more than 60 new routes beyond Abu Dhabi, Paris and Amsterdam
Air France-KLM and Apollo Global Management announce the upsizing and the completion of a quasi-equity financing of €1.5 billion
Appointment to the Air France-KLM Board of Directors
Following the proposal of the Appointments and Governance Committee, the Board of Directors of Air France-KLM decided, during its meeting on December 7, 2023, to coopt Florence Parly as Director...
Air France-KLM reaffirms its commitment to the decarbonization of aviation through the use of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF). Already the world’s first SAF user, the Group continues to secure the volumes needed to meet its 2030 incorporation targets.
Air France-KLM introduces the A320neo aircraft family into its fleet with the delivery of a first A321neo to Transavia
Success of Air France-KLM Group's global employee shareholding plan
Air France-KLM has successfully finalized its "Partners for the future" employee shareholding offer, a capital increase reserved for approximatively 75,000 eligible employees of the Group, launched in November 2023
- January 27
- March 15
- March 17
- April 18
- April 19
- June 14
- June 22
- June 28
- July 4
- July 14
- September 7
- September 14
- September 25
- October 3
- October 10
- October 19
- October 26
- November 10
- November 27
- November 30
- December 7
- December 11
- December 13
- December 19
- December 21
Air France-KLM offers its customers a network covering more than 300 destinations through its Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and Transavia airlines.
During the 2022 financial year, the Air France-KLM Group’s capital expenditure on tangible and intangible assets amounted to €(2,972) million and proceeds on disposals to €880 million. With the net cash-flow from operating activities amounting to €4,856 million, the Group generated positive operating free cash-flow of €2,764 million.
At Air France-KLM, we are proud to bring people together, to help our customers discover new places and new cultures, and to secure the sustainability of our economic exchanges, thus fulfilling one of humankind's oldest dreams on a daily basis.
We are constantly investing in new aircraft. A modern fleet allows us to offer our customers greater comfort and significantly reduce our noise footprint to improve life for locals residing near airports. In addition, upgrading our fleet with cleaner and more fuel-efficient aircraft is the primary focus of the Group's decarbonisation strategy, which aims to achieve net zero emissions by 2050.
The Air France-KLM Group operates one of the most extensive flight networks between Europe and the rest of the world, thanks to the influence of its two international hubs: Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam Schiphol.
In 2022, our airlines – Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and Transavia – served 300 destinations in 120 different countries.