Transavia France, the Air France-KLM Group’s low-cost company, is today celebrating its tenth anniversary.
As the leading low-cost airline operating out of Paris-Orly to Europe, Transavia France has already carried 20 million passengers, owns a fleet of 29 Boeing 737s and serves 82 destinations.
“In the years to come, we wish to develop travellers’ sense of attachment to our company, to consolidate our position as passengers’ favourite low-cost airline in France. Low-cost airlines need to successfully stand out from the competition to guarantee their future”, stated Nathalie Stubler, CEO of Transavia France.
A new momentum for the Air France-KLM Group
As part of the Group’s “Trust Together” strategic project, three major developments will allow Transavia France to improve its commercial offering for its customers –
- The company’s complete integration in the Air France-KLM frequent flyer programme. On all the company’s flights, each customer will now be able to earn Miles, starting with 500 Miles for a round trip with Plus and Max fares.
- The possibility to access Transavia France’s flight offering on the Air France website.
- The introduction, in winter 2017, of a code-share with Air France on a majority of routes.
Transavia France – rapid and reinforced development in 2017
Transavia France has generated a level of growth, which has significantly increased over the past 5 years. The momentum underway will continue in 2017, notably with –
- the growth of its fleet, which was consolidated this year with the purchase of 4 new Boeing 737-800s. In total, the Transavia France fleet currently comprises 29 aircraft.
- An increased offer, with a +14% increase in available seat/kilometre. This will concern Paris-Orly, Lyon Saint-Exupéry and Nantes Atlantic this winter.
New routes – Transavia France will thus serve Beirut (Lebanon), starting from 4 September, with 3 weekly frequencies. Moreover, the company has already announced the launch of services to Dakhla (Morocco), Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Tangiers (Morocco) and Tivat (Montenegro) since the beginning of 2017.
Additional frequencies to Spain, Morocco, Portugal and Israel.