As from March 25th Air France will be part of the joint venture that has been in existence since 1995 between KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and the Kenya Airways, a Skyteam partner. This move will consolidate the Air France-KLM group’s capacity in East Africa.
Air France, KLM and Kenya Airways’ customers will be able to reserve flights operated on a code-share basis by one of the three airlines on round-trip services between Paris-Nairobi and Amsterdam-Nairobi. Travellers will thus benefit from 24 weekly flights between Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Amsterdam-Schiphol and Nairobi -
- 3 flights operated by Air France between Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Nairobi;
- 14 weekly flights operated by Kenya Airways including 7 Paris Charles de Gaulle – Nairobi flights and 7 other Amsterdam Schiphol – Nairobi frequencies;
- 7 weekly flights operated by KLM between Amsterdam-Schiphol and Nairobi.
With this new agreement, customers will benefit from a streamlined travel experience between Europe and East Africa through the three hubs and improved connections to 26 beyond Nairobi’s destinations -
Addis-Ababa (Ethiopia), Bangui (Central African Republic), Blantyre (Malawi), Bujumbura (Burundi), Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania), Djibouti (Republic of Djibouti), Dzaoudzi (France), Entebbe (Uganda), Harare (Zimbabwe), Juba (South Sudan), Khartoum (Sudan), Kigali (Rwanda), Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), Kisumu (Kenya), Lilongwe (Malawi), Livingstone (Zambia), Lubumbashi (Democratic Republic of Congo), Lusaka (Zambia), Maputo (Mozambique), Mombasa (Kenya), Moroni (Comoros), Nampula (Mozambique), Ndola (Zambia), Seychelles (Seychelles), Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), Zanzibar (Tanzania).
Air France-KLM in Africa
This summer, the Air France-KLM group’s airlines will offer 51 African destinations thanks to 489 weekly flights -
- Air France: 34 destinations and 258 frequencies from Paris-Charles de Gaulle;
- KLM: 13 destinations and 75 frequencies from Amsterdam-Schiphol ;
- Transavia: 15 destinations and 146 frequencies from Europe;
- Joon: 2 destinations and 10 frequencies from Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
As from 1st April 2018, Joon will begin serving Cape Town (South Africa) from Paris-Charles de Gaulle.