The Air France-KLM annual report has won the Gold Award at the 2018 Corporate Communication Strategies Grand Prix Awards
On Wednesday, September 12, the Air France-KLM group won the Gold Award for its "Visual Flight" annual report in the "One Shot / Annual Report / Listed Companies" category at the 2018 Communication Strategies Grand Prix Awards, which honours companies’ best creations and communications. This annual report, Visual Flight was supported by Havas Paris, the Havas group's global communications agency.
Visual Flight, Air France-KLM’s annual report
For several years now, Air France-KLM has been reinventing its annual report to illustrate the extent to which the group is undergoing a profound transformation. Far from the usual codes, it chooses innovative, more real, more direct and more visual modes of expression to explain rather than demonstrate.
Once again this year, Air France-KLM is exploring new avenues by highlighting images. The group gave carte blanche to young photographers in the contemporary art scene to reinterpret the 10 most significant events of the year. Movement serves as a thread through all the creations and invites the spectator to question his or her perception of events.
The 10 photographs in this 2017 annual report also appear in a digital exhibition, available to all: visualflight.airfranceklm.com. This approach was obvious for a viscerally digital group at the forefront of the aviation sector for the great variety of its digital services.
Digital, movement, creativity, openness, diversity and complementary views... An approach that reflects the image of Air France-KLM, which is innovating in all areas to pursue its growth and better meet its customers’ needs.
From a virtual to a real exhibition
Air France-KLM also organized an exclusive exhibition of the photos for its shareholders at the annual general meeting as well as an exhibition for its customers at the Air France lounge in Hall L at Paris-Charles de Gaulle. The 10 themed sections of the annual report can be found online at visualflight.airfranceklm.com:
- “The augmented journey”, by Calypso Mahieu: as a leader recognized for its digital innovation, the Air France-KLM group offers an enhanced travel experience.
- “A world of attention”, by Calypso Mahieu: redesigned cabins, high-tech leisure and unprecedented flavour, Air France-KLM offers truly exceptional moments in the air.
- “Projections”, by Calypso Mahieu: benefit from Air France-KLM's new loyalty program when planning your next trip is simpler with more flexibility for personalized services.
- “Great escapes”, by Kanghee Kim: 74 new routes for summer 2018, a new record for the group.
- “Combining energies”, by Roos Quakernaat: a very rich human ecosystem, a source of collective intelligence to invent and accompany the air travel industry of the future.
- “Weightlessness”, by Valentin Fougeray: leading-edge technologies for a comprehensive range of predictive maintenance solutions developed by Air France-KLM Engineering & Maintenance.
- “Interconnections”, by Lana Mesic: alliances that are constantly being expanded, constituting a powerful growth lever at global level.
- “Interlinking infrastructure”, by Valentin Fougeray: new infrastructures and services, Air France KLM Martinair Cargo reconciles all the needs of freight transportation.
- “A different vision”, by Shuwei Liu: an array of initiatives deployed by the group to be an air transport industry frontrunner in terms of sustainable development.
- “Another perspective”, by Arthur Gori: permanent mobilization for the Air France Foundation and Wings of Support, an association created by KLM staff.
About the Strategies Grand Prix Awards
Every year, this event, organized by the magazine Stratégies, aims to highlight the best events and campaigns in editorial communication, as well as public relations, event communication and corporate and local authority communication. This year, four separate juries met to award the best events, organized between February 2017 and April 2018, according to their relevance, inventiveness and integration into the company's strategy.
About Air France-KLM
A world leader with a strong European base, the Air France-KLM group's main areas of activity are passenger and cargo air transport and aircraft maintenance.
Air France-KLM is the leading group in terms of international traffic on departure from Europe. In 2018, it offers its customers access to a network covering 314 destinations in 116 countries thanks to its five brands Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Joon, Transavia and HOP! Air France. With a fleet of 545 aircraft in operation and 98.7 million passengers carried in 2017, Air France-KLM operates up to 2,300 daily flights, mainly from its hubs at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam-Schiphol.
Its Flying Blue frequent flyer programme is one of the leaders in Europe with over 15 million members.
Together with its partners Delta Air Lines and Alitalia, Air France-KLM operates the largest transatlantic joint venture with more than 270 daily flights.
Air France-KLM is also a member of the SkyTeam alliance which has 20 member airlines, offering customers access to a global network of over 16,600 daily flights to more than 1,070 destinations in 177 countries.