Ranked leader of the “Airlines” category for the 10th year running by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and leader of the “Transport” category for the 6th consecutive year, Air France-KLM increases its initiatives around four main issues - reducing its environmental footprint, integrating sustainability development into its products and services, promoting a policy of responsible human resources and contributing to the development of the countries where the Group operates.
These efforts are producing results -* :
- Fuel consumption: 3.45 litres per passenger/100 km, i.e. – 6.7% relative to 2011
- Noise energy: - 38% relative to 2000
- Energy consumption: - 10% relative to 2013
- Responsible procurement: 75% of Air France-KLM suppliers have signed the Group’s sustainable development charter
- Catering: 15 new responsible catering products on KLM flights
- Adapted sector: 18 million euros of Air France procurement from this sector
*Figures taken from the 2014 sustainable development report, available in an interactive version on the corporate.airfrance.com and airfranceklm.com websites.