On 25 November 2015, Air France-KLM, the Alpes-Maritimes Department and the Côte d’Azur Regional Tourist Board signed a new partnership agreement to promote international tourism on the French Riviera.
This agreement was signed in Paris by Patrick Alexandre, EVP Commercial, Sales and Marketing at Air France-KLM; Eric Ciotti, President of the Alpes-Maritimes Department and David Lisnard, President of the Côte d’Azur Tourist Board.
This agreement confirms the links which have existed for many years between the Côte d’Azur Regional Tourist Board and the Air France-KLM Group. In 2016 it is more specifically oriented to four high-contribution target markets: Brazil, China, the United States and the Russian states (Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan), which now account for 859,000 annual trips (2013-2014 figures - Tourism Observatory of the Côte d'Azur Tourist Board) or 16% of foreign tourists. This is in addition to the domestic market, which remains the leading tourist market for the French Riviera.
This agreement will:
- boost exchange on the potential of the markets concerned between the co-signatories,
- count on the logistical support and expertise offered by local Air France-KLM sales teams to support the implementation of the promotion plan in each country via tour operators, travel agencies and all tourism professionals on the Côte d’Azur
- continue the association of sales teams concerned at events on the French Riviera and in the target countries.
- implement reciprocal exchange on communication campaigns and promotional tools (websites / social media / press relations / newsletters / communication campaigns etc.).
- promote Air France-KLM in the organization of trips to the French Riviera with a "trip including flight" linked to sporting, cultural or economic events, online at www.cotedazur-tourisme.com and www.departement06.fr
Air France-KLM, which has just celebrated Air France’s 70th anniversary in the region, is thus confirming its commitment to the sharing of promotional activities with those responsible for the destination’s tourist, cultural, sporting and economic development.
The Côte d’Azur Regional Tourist Board is dedicated to tourism development on the French Riviera both on the national and international market. Every year, this destination welcomes 11 million tourists, representing 70 million hotel nights and turnover of 5.5 billion euros.
For the occasion, Patrick Alexander said: "The Alpes Maritimes Department, the Regional Tourist Board and the Air France-KLM group are joining forces to serve tourism development on the French Riviera. Our ambition is clear, to increase the attraction of the French Riviera internationally and expand its promotion as a leading tourist destination. This partnership reflects Air France-KLM's commitment to the French regions in a sustainable manner."
As a reminder:
43% of foreign visitors come to the French Riviera by plane on long-haul flights, via Nice Côte d'Azur Airport, the second busiest airport in France with 11.6 million passengers in 2014 and the second leading destination in France for business tourism (500,000 people attending conferences every year).
With the largest long-haul network on departure from Europe (offering 316 destinations in 115 countries), Air France-KLM, with its partners Delta Airlines and Alitalia, carries 3.5 million customers every year, including 1.2 million international passengers, to Nice and the French Riviera.
For the French Riviera, the US market ranks 4th among foreign markets, Russia is in 7th place, China is in 15th place and Latin America (including Brazil) is in 13th place.